Celebrate Inclusive Back to School!
Each August, the Office of Human Relations, Diversity & Equity encourages school communities to celebrate an inclusive back to school. We have specially curated resources, Advisory Lessons and Zoom Backgrounds to help.
- All Are Welcome - SOGIE affirming classrooms
- What is "Check your privilege"? - Engage students in critical thinking about what "privilege" does, and does not, mean.
- What's in a Name? - lesson on identity
- Neurodiversity- learn about natural brain variations
- When you classmate is getting roasted - How to support peers and friends
- Asking for Help - Promoting help seeking behavior
National Truancy Prevention Month
National Truancy Prevention Month recognizes that chronic truancy causes serious harm to young people in
America. For information and more resources, visit Pupil Services & Attendance.
Additional commemorations for this month can be found on our Commemorative Calendar including:
National Immunization Awareness Month
Children's Eye Health & Safety Month
Latinx Heritage Month and Suicide Prevention Month
Organizations, references, links, products or services that appear on this site do not constitute an endorsement of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), Student Health & Human Services (SHHS) or Human Relations, Diversity and Equity (HRDE), nor should an exclusion of other websites be considered intentional. Opinions expressed are solely those of the host website and not necessarily those of LAUSD, SHHS or HRDE. Any advertising presented is solely the responsibility of the host website and not LAUSD.