COVID-19 Information: Please visit the Division of Special Education website for information by clicking HERE.
Welcome to Local District South Special EducationJennifer McConnAdministrator of Special Education(310) 354-3431
Our Focus: All Means All
- Students with disabilities, and their families, are part of the school community.
- High-quality instructional programs in all settings, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) support increased academic achievement for all students within the school community.
- Efficient systems of compliance help us support students and build positive relationships with families. These systems include IEP timeline compliance, service delivery, and appropriate use of staff.
Local District South Special Education
Our Special Education staff support improved outcomes for students with disabilities by partnering with families, working cohesively with other Local District South departments, and providing support to school staff in the areas of instructional practices (academics and behavior), Special Education law and compliance, District policies, and professional development. We believe ALL students deserve a high quality educational experience and equal access to ensure a future of opportunities. School staff are ready to partner with parents and can address most questions and concerns related to Special Education. Local District South staff are also available to assist you and we can be reached at (310) 354-3431.
Records Request for students with or suspected of having a disability attending a District Operated School or Charter Operated School are to be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the Custodian of Records.
Request for Records (English) Request for Records (Spanish)
Custodian Of Records
Special Education Service Center-Operations
333 S. Beaudry Ave., 18th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 241-2417 (fax)
Special Education Service Center- Operations can be reached via the Call Center at (213) 241- 6701, and can assist with:
- Assisting parents and schools with Individualized Education Program (IEP) placement support;
- Transportation for students with disabilities;
- Operational support for extended school year (ESY);
- IEP translation services,
- Allocating human resources
The Due Process, Related Services, Compliance, Charter, and Private School units can be reached through the Call Center at (213) 241-6701.
The Complaint Response Unit/Parent Resource Network (CRU/PRN) can be reached at (800) 933-8133.
The Preschool Intake Team conducts assessments for preschool age children who are not currently enrolled with LAUSD and can be reached at (213) 241-4713.
The Nonpublic Services Department (for students currently attending NPS/RTC sites or receiving services from a nonpublic agency) can be reached at (213) 241-6282.
Please visit the Division of Special Education Website: https://achieve.lausd.net/sped for information about special education in LAUSD, including the special education process, policies and procedures, sources of support and assistance, and much more.