Welcome to the 2018-19 academic year!I am honored to serve as the Northwest Administrator of Operations. It is the goal of the Operations Team to ensure that every school is safe, clean, and conducive to Teaching and Learning. In hopes of maintaining the continuity of the Instructional Program and campus safety, we are committed to addressing school and community needs in a timely manner. We look forward to serving you!
Dr. Debra BryantAdministrator of Operations
Northwest Operations Team
Steve Munoz, Lead Operations Coordinator 818-654-3625
Sherman Gardin, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3625
Temo Arroyo, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3651
Andriette Keele-Gibson, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3642
Gabriela Mojica, Administrative Assistant 818-654-3670
Child Abuse Certification Training Due: September 30, 2018Flushing Log CertificationDue the 15th of each monthRandom Metal Detection CertificationDue each monthDrill Certification,
Due each month
Bi-Weekly Operation Communication Updates for October 23, 2018
- BUL-6204.2: Update and clarify procedures for holiday displays and programs at schools.
- BUL-5298.2: District policy regarding Halloween activities to allow schools to participate.
- Save the Date: Bullying Prevention Training for New Principals, Assistant Principals or Principals that
have not been trained on Friday, November 2, 2018. 1 st Session from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 2nd session from 12:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. Click on link for registration http://bit.ly/Bullying-Training2018.
- REF-1563.5 -The purpose of this Reference Guide is to provide information on the appointment of a
Chemical Safety Coordinator (CSC) and implementation of the CSC program. Site Administrators at
secondary schools with science or chemistry laboratories are required to appoint a Chemical Safety
Coordinator (CSC) from onsite certificated staff.
- The Rubric of Implementation (ROI) fillable template is available by clicking on this link. To access the
presentation to complete this ROI click on this link . The School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention and
Support Policy manual and other resources are available to assist with sample documentation for each
element of the ROI by click on this link.
- Strike Prep Materials are available in the Principal Portal. Click on Work stoppage-Principal’s Role.
- MEM-6338.4 -(Replaces MEM-6338.3)- The information has been updated to inform employees that
effective July 1, 2018, the online CAAT training was transitioned to the My Professional Learning Network
(MyPLN) platform. This Memorandum provides an overview of the mandated fall and spring LAUSD
Child Abuse Awareness Trainings and Resources. Attachment A is a job aide designed to on how to
access and complete the online training. Attachment B is a job aide designed to help you search and
enroll in the class.
- Fall Administrator Certification Due: November 2, 2018
- Rubric of Implementation (ROI) due: December 7, 2018