Welcome to the 2019-20 academic year!I am honored to serve as the Northwest Administrator of Operations. It is the goal of the Operations Team to ensure that every school is safe, clean, and conducive to Teaching and Learning. In hopes of maintaining the continuity of the Instructional Program and campus safety, we are committed to addressing school and community needs in a timely manner. We look forward to serving you!
Dr. Debra BryantAdministrator of Operations
Northwest Operations Team
Temo Arroyo, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3651
Andriette Keele-Gibson, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3642
Aurora Mellado, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3625
Jasmin Valdez, LD Administrative Assistant 818-654-3670
What's DueFORM 700
Due April 2, 2019Flushing Log CertificationDue the 15th of each monthRandom Metal Detection CertificationDue each monthDrill Certification
Due each month
Operation Communication Updates
- MEM-078900-Notification of Asbestos Inspection and Abatement ActivitiesThe Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires the District to annually notify workers and building occupants, or their legal guardians, of the asbestos inspection and abatement activities that will beperformed at District locations throughout the year. AHERA also requires the District to notify, in writing, parent, teacher, and employee organizations of the availability of site asbestos management plans and toinclude a copy of this notification in each site’s plan.
- Schools should maintain a record of all their emergency drills. The Emergency Drill Frequency Chart includes the types of required drill and how often they must be conducted at each grade level to meet requirements.
- BUL-6712.1-Cheerleading Guidelines-This bulletin replaces BUL-6712.0, dated June 30, 2016, issued by School Operations. Competitive cheer has been recognized as an CIF sport since spring 2018.
- MEM-059900.1-Teacher Initiated Transfers-This Memorandum replaces Human Resources Division MEM-059900.0 of the same subject issued October 24, 2018. The dates have been updated for the 2019-2020 school year
- ES: Rocket Rules Sense of Safety Challenge- K-3 grade classes are invited to build knowledge and safe practices to better prepare for active threat emergencies in school, at home, or in public settings. The SOS Challenge runs from September 1 - November 21, 2019. Click for more info.