Welcome to the 2018-19 academic year!I am honored to serve as the Northwest Administrator of Operations. It is the goal of the Operations Team to ensure that every school is safe, clean, and conducive to Teaching and Learning. In hopes of maintaining the continuity of the Instructional Program and campus safety, we are committed to addressing school and community needs in a timely manner. We look forward to serving you!
Dr. Debra BryantAdministrator of Operations
Northwest Operations Team
Temo Arroyo, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3651
Sherman Gardin, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3625
Andriette Keele-Gibson, Operations Coordinator 818-654-3642
Gabriela Mojica, LD Administrative Assistant 818-654-3670
Steve Munoz, Lead Operations Coordinator 818-654-3607
What's DueFORM 700
Due April 2, 2019Flushing Log CertificationDue the 15th of each monthRandom Metal Detection CertificationDue each monthDrill Certification
Due each month
Bi-Weekly Operation Communication Updates for April 8, 2019
- Spring 2019. Rubric of Implementation (ROI) will be due on May 24, 2019 on the Principal Portal. Please submit documentation if there has been a change in score in a Key Feature of the ROI. No submission of documentation will be required if no change in score has occurred in a Key Feature of the ROI. If you have any questions please contact your Operations Coordinator.
- Administrators please be aware of the new immunization requirements for school enrollment that takes effect on July 1, 2019. Students will be required to have all required immunizations in order to avoid As of April 2, 2019, LDNW has the lowest immunization compliance rate (26.6%) of all the districts. The 73.4% noncompliance rate indicates the need for further monitoring and strategies to increase awareness and compliance with immunization laws for school enrollment. Lack of improving compliance will also place affected schools at an increased risk of audit and penalties from the state. Administrators can assist by informing their school sites to encourage families to utilize school based clinics at Columbus MS, Kennedy HS, Lawrence MS, and the clinic on the LD-Zelzah site. There is also a Wellness Center at Monroe HS. For further information regarding immunizations and enrollment, please feel free to call LD-Northwest Nursing Services at 818-654-1670.
- BUL-BUL-5424.2-Secondary Schools-Conduct daily random metal detector searches of students. Random searches should be conducted at various hours of the school day to avoid predictability.
- MEM-6128.7-Administrator Certification Online System for 2018-2019 For School Sites. Spring Administrator Certification: Schools only have to complete two sections which include:
-Employee Safety Seal Program
-OSHA Form 300 A Posting
- Field Trip Checklist: provides an overview of the different types of trips a school may schedule, including Routine, Non-Routine, Non-Routine Overnight, and Non-Routine Out of State/Country. Please continue to submit Non-Routine Field Trips requests at least 45 days in advanced.
- Rubric of Implementation (ROI) due: May 24, 2019 due on the Principal Portal