The Equal Opportunity Section is committed to ensuring that all employees of the District, including supervisors, co-workers, parents or any persons doing business with or for the District is provided with a learning and working environment free of harassment and discrimination.
EOS counsels District employees in matters of discrimination in employment. EOS is responsible for implementation of the District’s Employment Discrimination Bulletins, Policies and Complaint Procedures. In addition, EOS monitors compliance with the Board Resolution Respectful Treatment of All Persons as well as, state and federal regulations and laws prohibiting discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, sex (including sexual harassment), or political affiliation.
EOS responds to and investigates employee complaint(s) of discriminatory employment practices filed internally with the Equal Opportunity Section, and responds to charges of discrimination filed with the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or filed with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
To file an EOS Internal Complaint of Discrimination, Harassment, or Retaliation:
- Click this link to review BUL-6612.0 Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (Including Sexual Harassment) Policy
- Click this link to open EOS Internal Complaint Form: This is the form to File a Complaint of Discrimination and/or Sexual Harassment (form-fillable)
- Save it to your desktop to complete it
- Print and sign it
- Attach supporting documentation
- Email the Complaint packet and supporting documentation to EqualOpportunitySection@lausd.net
For trouble accessing or using the online EOS Internal Complaint Form, contact EOS at 213-241-7685 for guidance and assistance
Equal Opportunity Section
Los Angeles Unified School District
333 South Beaudry Avenue, 20th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90017
Main Phone line: (213) 241-7685
Hotline (can remain anonymous): (213) 241 - 7676
Fax: (213) 241-3308