Work Experience Education Office



    LAUSD has a dynamic Work Experience Education (WEE) program and plan throughout its high schools. Students may participate in a variety of Work Experience (General, Exploratory and Vocational) and receive supplementary support and instruction in the Work Experience classes taught at the school sites.


    Whereas many young people can get jobs on their own, they often have difficulty keeping the jobs and adjusting to the rules of the workplace. Students who participate in WEE tend to transition better and have more positive and productive experiences in the adult work of work. By providing employers with school-based teachers who can supplement the job-site training, WEE creates a true partnership with the business community in order to develop the workforce of the future.


    To contact central office regarding Work Experience Education, send your message to


    To see PowerPoints about Work Experience Education and Work Experience Support please click below.


    Work Experience Education Power Point


    Work Experience Education Support




    District Work Experience Education Plan

    LAUSD's Career Technical Education Unit has revised its Secondary Plan for Work Experience Education (WEE) and been authorized by its Board of Education to submit the plan to the California Department of Education (CDE) for approval. As of May 21, 2019, the new plan is in effect.

    To view the LAUSD Work Experience Education Plan, please CLICK HERE.


    Work Experience Education Curriculum

    Included in LAUSD's Work Experience Education (WEE) Plan is the WEE curriculum, which is required for all types of Work Experience.

    The revised District Curriculum for WEE has been aligned to the CDE standards for English Language Arts and the proposed CAWEE Standards for WEE.

    WEE lesson plans are being compiled and will be posted on the site for WEE teachers when available.


    Related Websites



     Child Labor Laws 2013


    California Association of Work Experience Educators (CAWEE)



    U.S. Department of Labor (Occupational Outlook Handbook +)



    U.S. Department of Labor (Youth Rules)



    California Department of Education



    California Department of Education (Work Experience/Work Permit forms)



    U.S. Department of Labor - For Employers (Safety for Youth)



    UCLA – LOSH (Labor Occupational Safety & Health)



    Career Cruising (Assessment/Careers/Colleges - Only for LAUSDnet users)

  • Contact us phone icon


    Contact Us

    (213) 241-7053