LIS NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Local School Empowerment Workshops
Schools interested in having more autonomy over local decisions, to better meet the needs of their students, may choose to send a School Design Team to required sessions. Explore the three current autonomy models: Local Initiative Schools (LIS), Expanded School Based Management Model (ESBMM), and Pilot. Workshop 1 is an Overview of the three autonomous models. Workshop 2 walks participants through wiritng a Request for Proposal (RFP). School Design Teams MUST attend BOTH sessions (Workshop 1 and 2, in any of the locations listed).
Workshop 1: Overview
Monday, March 4 Gardner Elementary School
Thursday, March 7 LD East (PLC 1)
Monday, March 11 Roscoe PDC
Workshop 2: Writing a Request for Proposal
Thursday, April 4 Gardner Elementary School
Monday, April 8 LD East (PLC 1)
Thursday, April 11 Roscoe PDC
Representatives from a school must attend BOTH WORKSHOPS before a school is eligible to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) and proposal for one of the Autonomy Models.
Local Options Oversight Committee (LOOC) workshops are open to all: principal, chapter chair, teachers, classified staff, and parents from your school.
For more information, call (213) 241-8700
LIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL INFORMATIONANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF THE 2019 - 2020 AUTONOMOUS SCHOOL MODELS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL PROCESS
The Los Angeles Unified School District's Local Options Oversight Committee (LOOC) is pleased to present the 2019 - 2020 Autonomous School Models Request for Proposal (RFP) process. The Autonomous School Models RFP process invites teams to submit a proposal for one of the three voluntary school models: Local Initiative School (LIS), Expanded School-Based Management Model (ESBMM), or Pilot School. Interested teams should review the timeline and application process described in the RFP document for the autonomous school model they are interested in. The following due dates apply to all three RFP documents:
Friday, September 6, 2019 - Letter of Intent (LOI)
• Must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm via e-mail to LOOC@lausd.net.
• Mandatory for ALL applicants; teams must submit a Letter of Intent in order to be eligible to submit a proposal.
• LOI is non-binding; applicants may decide to NOT move forward with a proposal even if a LOI was submitted.
• Applicants can: (1) check the "Undecided" box in the LOI form if they are unsure which model to choose; OR (2) submit one LOI for two or more autonomous school models they are considering.Friday, October 18, 2019 - Full proposal submission due• Must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon via e-mail to LOOC@lausd.net.
• All required documentation and attachments should be included. Approved proposals will be for implementation in the 2020 - 2021 school year. Copies of approved proposals will be posted on the LOOC website.
Local Initiative Schools through June, 2016135th Street ES42nd Street ESArleta HSDena ESDorsey HSEagle Rock HSFulton College Prep Span SchoolGlassell Park ESHaddon ESHarry Bridges Span SchoolHoover ESLokrantz Special Education CenterMaclay MSPalms ESPanorama City ESReseda HSSalvin Community Learning CenterNew Local Initiative Schools for the 2016 - 2017 school year24th Street ESArminta ESColumbus MSToland WayNew Local Initiative Schools for the 2017 - 2018 school yearMann MSNew Local Initiative Schools for the 2018 - 2019 school yearHancock Park ESGerald A. Lawson Academy