Volunteer Application Process
Please read the following directions explaining how to process school volunteer applications.
Any person interested in participating in a school’s volunteer program, including continuing volunteers, LAUSD employees, community members and interns, must complete the online volunteer application on the School Volunteer Management System. A volunteer can access the online registration process and application at https://volunteerapp.lausd.net.
If a person does not have access to the necessary technology to complete the online volunteer application, the school will designate an employee to assist in completing and submitting the online application on the person’s behalf. Volunteers serving at more than one LAUSD school must have a completed online application, printed and signed, for each school before they can begin service.
Once on the registration site, the prospective volunteers will be required to enter their names and valid email accounts. The prospective volunteer will receive email notification to complete the registration process, including the creation of an account password.
Once the online volunteer application is completed, it should then be submitted electronically. Both the application and Volunteer Commitment Form (English) (Spanish) should be printed, signed and delivered to the principal or the principal’s designee.
A Tier I volunteer for a single event that takes place for the duration of one day only does not need to submit an application (See Attachment A1 and A2 on Bulletin (6746.2) in the online Volunteer Management System, but must fill out the Tier I Single Event Volunteer Form, be checked by a school administrator against the California Megan’s Law online database at http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov, and sign the Volunteer Committment form before being approved by the site administrator.
Online Application Review – submitted by the school
For Tier II and III Volunteers, the school must review (ensure required fields are completed) and submit the online application for all individuals applying to become certified volunteers. The school principal must verify and approve that the volunteer has met all requirements, including:
- Completed application, printed and signed, kept on file
- Signed Volunteer Commitment Form
- Megan’s Law clearance
- Tuberculosis test clearance
- Fingerprinting (when applicable)
See BUL - 6746.2 for more information.
School leaders want to hear from you!
- The School Experience Survey (SES) dates this year are from October 26 to January 22, 2021.
- The SES contains questions about your experience this school year, especially your distance learning experience.
- Your answers are completely anonymous and no-one at your school will know what you say.
- To protect the health and safety of LAUSD families and school staff, parents are highly encouraged to complete their survey online if possible at https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8397
- If you cannot take the survey online, call your school for a paper copy.
¡Los líderes escolares quieren escuchar de su parte!
- Las fechas para la Encuesta de la Experiencia Escolar (SES) este año serán de 26 de octubre a 22 de enero de 2021.
- La SES incluye preguntas acerca de su experiencia este año, especialmente su experiencia con el aprendizaje a distancia.
- Sus respuestas son completamente anónimas y nadie en su escuela conocerá lo que usted expresó.
- Para proteger la salud y seguridad de las familias y el personal escolar de LAUSD, se anima enfáticamente a los padres para que completen su encuesta en línea si es posible por medio del siguiente enlace https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8397
- Si no puede presentar la encuesta en línea, comuníquese con su escuela para obtener una copia en papel.
NEW: 2020-21 Parent & Student Handbook: Please visit the following link to download the official 2020-21 Parent & Student Handbook. Click the following link: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/13211.
NUEVO: Manual para Padres y Estudiantes 2020-21: Visite el siguiente enlace para descargar el Manual Oficial para Padres y Estudiantes de 2020-21. Haga clic en el siguiente enlace: https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/17188.