Requesting Employment Verification for CURRENT Employees
Why should I use The Work Number (TALX)?The Work Number is an automated service that allows third parties (e.g., mortgage lenders, social service agencies, etc.) to quickly obtain verification of employment and income for current employees. As an employee, you benefit from having control of the process, since you authorized access to your information. The Work Number is widely known to mortgage lenders, banks, apartment complexes, and social service agencies. The Work Number can be used anytime, anywhere – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional information, visit their website at The Work Number or call at (800) 367-2884.
Please note that employees must obtain a salary key number to authorize third parties access to employee information. To obtain a salary key number, call The Work Number or go to their website and log-in by entering the LAUSD Company Code 10721, your Employee ID Number (e.g., 00123456) and PIN Number (PIN number is a combination of the last four digits of your Social Security Number and last four digits of your employee number). The number you receive will be the salary key number that you provide to the third party.
* Housing Authorities and Child and Family Services may qualify for a fee waiver.
What form should I use?
Complete an LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form. Please be advised that all employment verification requests must be submitted in writing with the employee's signature, authorizing the release of his/her employment information.
What type of information must I provide?
- Section 1 requires Employee Information including an Employee Number or last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Section 2 requires Third–Party Information and should only be completed if a third-party is to receive the verification.
- Section 3 requires the employee or the third party to indicate how they would like to receive the information (Email, Fax, Mail, or Hold for Pick-up)
- Section 4 requires employee’s signature. The employee must provide his/her signature, authorizing the release of his/her information. Please note, your request will be returned unfulfilled if the authorization described above is not provided.
- Section 5 is completed by LAUSD, Employee Relations Section.
Where should I submit my request?
The fax number, email, and mailing address are located at the top of the LAUSD Employment Verification Request Form.
How long will my request take to process?
Employee Verification Requests are a priority. However, due to high volume of requests for employment verification, most requests will take 4-6 weeks to process.
LAUSD verifies previous teaching experience on our computer-generated forms. It includes all information that District policy allows us to verify. We use only our electronic format rather than individual forms from other school districts. This process enhances the response time to your request.
If your employment verification is processed through The Work Number (TALX), you will receive your response in a matter of minutes. Click here to go to The Work Number website or call them at (800) 367-2884.