The mission of the Mathematics Branch is to implement a balanced instructional program that provides ALL students with the opportunities, experiences and resources to be successful. The expectation is that ALL students will become proficient in basic computational and procedural skills, develop conceptual understanding, and become adept problem solvers. The goals of the Mathematics Program are twofold:
- To implement a coherent, district-wide content and standards driven mathematics plan.
- To provide instructional and professional support to local districts and school sites, so that ALL students will achieve proficiency in Algebra 1 and more advanced mathematics courses.
These goals are supported strategically through four program components:
- The development and use of grade specific instructional units.
- The use of teacher experts, school site coaches and local district leadership to guide professional development.
- The use and analysis of formative periodic assessments.
- The use of assessment data to focus and implement immediate intervention where students most need help.
To access the resources on this website, click on the menu items on the left. The plus (+) in front of each of the following resource would expand the menu to other menu tabs:
Elementary (Kindergarten - 5th): +Curriculum Maps
Middle School: +Curriculum Maps
High School: +Curriculum Maps
News & Announcements
Remote Learning Resources and PD TK-8
Upcoming Professional Development:
- TK-8 Continuity of Learning ST Math Webinars: Mon, April 13 and Tues, April 14
- TK-8 ST Math Office Hours: Weds, Thurs, and Fri, April 15-17
- Continuity of Learning Dreambox Webinars:
- TK-2 Tues, April 14 and Fri, April 17
- 3-5 Weds, April 15
- 6-8 Thurs, April 16
- TK-8 Dreambox Office Hours Mon.-Thurs, April 20-23
- CGI PD provided by UCLA for CGI schools only. Check MyPLN for the addition of new PD topics.
Go to MyPLN for descriptions of the PDs, times, and registration.
ST Math TK-8 online program develops a conceptual understanding and visual representations of math at home through engaging learning. TK-8 teachers and students have free, no-cost access to use ST Math through Clever and/or Schoology.
DreamBox Math K-8 online, a program that dynamically adapts to the learner to provide personalized instruction, has been made accessible to all LAUSD students and teachers through Clever through June 30th.
New MyMath Modules:
For more MyMath modules, go to the Math Professional Development page.
Math Leaders Collaborative for MS and HS:
- Are you a math teacher leader in Grades 6-12?
- Are you interested in creating resources for ALL math teachers to use?
Apply and join the 2019-2020 Math Leaders Collaborative for middle school and high school! This is a great opportunity to learn new things, meet other amazing math teachers and create the resources you wish could be provided by the district to support math instruction. See the flyer at the link below for more information.
Questions or comments: Email Amy Uyeshima, Secondary Math Coordinator at email@example.com.
Announcing NEW performance tasks, for multiple domains and math practices, available for classroom instruction and assessment, Grades 1-5/6. These performance tasks were developed by teacher-leader teams in conjunction with Los Angeles County Office of Education and Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE). Performance tasks are aligned to the Smarter Balanced Claims and Targets:
Thru Google Drive, please use your LA Unified account to access the materials:
Re-imagining Instruction Using the Math Elective Textbooks PD
The Division of Instruction, in partnership with publishers, will be offering a makeup professional learning opportunity for high school math teachers to re-imagine instructional design. This is a voluntary training. Click here for details.
LAUSD Performance Assessment Online Professional Development
The LAUSD Division of Instruction has developed an online professional development on Performance Assessment. The online PD walks you through the Plan-Deliver-Reflect-Revise cycle and the use of Performance Tasks as Formative Assessment.
Please click here to view